[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

@Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

@Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P

Post  Blurage on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:42 pm

Hey guys,
As you may or may not be aware of, Cholo Machin, my guild, is very interested in co-raiding with Chronos for the benefit of both guilds. The co-raid is primarely on 25 mans on Sunday and it is mainly Naxxramas Heroic.
My goal is to create a raiding unit with great comaradery and synergy so that raids that we run become very efficient and less time consuming.
Many of you guys have raided with me before and the raids the I lead and master loot, I try to do it in the fairest and unbiased manner. Recently I have removed from my ranks the nerd raged and ninjas from my guild and I am looking to make a strong team with you guys, with people who want to benefit the raid as a whole and not themselves as individuals.
Let me tell you guys a little about myself in the game so you know who I am.
I started playing in Dark Iron in pre-bc times, onyxia, molten core, all of em. I started off raiding in a guild called ironclad where I was paladin class leader immediately, I then joined backdraft which died to a transfer, and then I joined Everlasting Vendetta with which I raided up to 4 horsemen in Naxxramas at level 60. Many of my real life friends started asking me to make my own guild so my first guild was born Archaic, guild cleared all aq40 and 1wing of naxxramas 40, then the expansion came and most of the Ecuadorians couldnt get the expansion on time so we were like 1 month behind in leveling, when I came back Archaic turned into Final Judgement and I wanted no part of it, so I rejoined Everlasting Vendetta again. My friend where frustrated that the raid leader in FJ was not helpful so they asked me to make a guild again, back then I was still very hardcore so I created Genesis, got allmy rl friends and some people in the server and did very good, got to Vashj and Kael, at this moment I had to travel for 1 month due to RL, and left the guild to a council which ruined it. When I came back there was no more Genesis, oh well Sad anyways, EV had already died and I wanted to start playing more casually so I joined Nameless and we cleared all SSC, TK, BT, Hyjal, and 3 bosses in sunwell, I was the main offtank for the guild.
Then WOTLK came and once again due to online keys coming out late we started leveling late, I was also getting less and less interested in raiding everyday so I decided it was time to make a guild with my rl friends and all my latino friends in the server. and that is How Cholo Machin was born.
I am very knowledgeable of all the classes in wow, except maybe rogues cause it's the only class i havent played or even done theorycraft for.
Anyways we have been discussing a couple of loot systems and I wanted to post them for you.
1. 1 roll per class on main spec items, items for a second roll will become an offspec roll, many people don't need many things off naxx25 so there will be a lot of offspec rolling.
2. Loot council. 2 cholos and 2 chronos decide who the greatest upgrade it is for and who deserves it.
3. EPGP which is my personal favorite and basically the loot system I generally run with. http://code.google.com/p/epgp/wiki/TheSystem

What I ask of chronos is this:
1. Play the spec you like the most unless you start holding us back.
2. Be able to take constructive criticism about dps rotations and how to handle fights
3. Bring consumables and come prepared until the fight becomes an absolute joke, at that point you can start ommiting them.
4. Bring a good attitude, this is a game and it is meant to be fun, No NERD RAGE allowed, no dissin people please.
5. I will have to speak in spanish from time to time, because some of my members can't speak english very well, but I will most certainly speak 95% of the time in English.

Anyways please let me know what your thoughts are about this and hopefully soon enough we will have a very strong raid basis to be able to handle ulduar.
I do have a plan to attack ulduar, it is gradual but with time and patience we will be taking down bosses there without much difficulty.
In short the plan is 2 10 man ulduar raids balanced properlyu so both can clear it, after some experience is attained by killing bosses we will charge into 25 man.

Cheers!
and hope to hear from everyone and anyone soon

Blurage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: @Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P

Post  Svander on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:45 am

What time do you want us to create a calendar invite for this coming Sunday?

Svander

View user profile http://fiercepancake.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:47 am

Event was created, Frostine and Scimmia both have moderator rights for the event.
It is set for Sunday 1pm Server time.

Blurage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:49 am

We have some cohorts in smaller sister guilds like Midnight Run that we often do instances with, for example the priest Ledgewalker that I brought along on Sunday. Should we extend an invite to some of these players?

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:56 am

I think Ledge has a lot of potential to be a great shadow priest.
Sadly on the last raid the other shadow priest did not have a functional mic to help him.
I believe that if they can be part of a solid raiding group and friends to Chronos they can surely be a friend to the coraid.
Up to you guys though

Blurage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scimmia on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:05 am

I don't mind midnight run players coming as long as they follow the same standards we all do and can be consistent. I also sent svander and invite for sunday. Let me know if you want to bring nyc instead.
Scimmia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:09 am

For this first run I would advice until we generate more synergy to bring mains over alts.
To solidify as a raid group our mains need to be properly geared, if they all are then alts can get benefits

Blurage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:40 am

Heh, I actually have two well geared 80s. For awhile my death knight was way better geared than my warlock but the lock recently caught up. I noticed there we didn't have a DK for a lot of the cholo run and I'll probably bring Nyctalope on Sunday (can tank or DPS, my tank set is complete nax10 epics -- my DPS set still has some holes but is pretty good too).

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage on Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:35 am

We do have a Dk by the name Deathsaucez who actually went to the soccer game, but he is extremely geared and probably needs almost no loot from there.
Most of my guys really don't need many things from there and are here to be helpful and to create with some time and practice a strong raid combination with you guys.
As I said on my initial post play as you like to play as long as you don't hold us back I am cool with it.
I would like to hear comments about what you feel about the loot systems and such and what you guys feel about the co-raid.
I am not scared about classes that will come really, cause I really enjoy teaching people how to maximize their dps and be the best at playing their class. What I want is to create a solid system and a solid raid base to be able to encounter harder bosses.

Cheers

Blurage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aitkindrum on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:05 am

Well it sounds like a good plan to me, I did 25 naxx with you guys not long ago and it was a good run. I'm a pretty well geared holy pally for those who dont know me. And for the loot options heres my opinion. I've had alot of experience with Raids point systems and too be really honest they make things worse in the long run. I've come to find that it takes longer to distribute the loot to people because you have to spend the time checking each persons points that rolled on an item, and we all know that patience is not something warcraft is known for, 90% of the time I'm still trying to rez and buff when half the group is already up pulling again which usually ends up with people dying... 2nd I've noticed that people really base what raids they go on by if they get loot or not, I know theres alot that dont but there are alot that do, and when you have a point system in place people know when they will get loot or if they wont depending on who else is there, so you'll get people that wont show up to certain raids for the simple fact they know they dont have a chance on getting something they want because there's say 2 other same class in raid that have more points and need that as well. I prefer doing a random roll. As for me, I really keep other people in mind when I'm rolling on stuff and if I've won something already or not, if I win I have no problem passing the next roll so another person can get something too, but then again Im not a loot whore I cant speak for everyone. So if its a random like the one Bluerage had listed that may work, I just really dont like point systems I guess. Ok thats all I have to say for now, hope my opinion is helpful.

Aitkindrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lirixia on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:11 am

Well I'm in the same boat as Svander-my death knight and warlock are both geared for the 25 mans so either or is fine for me to take (dk is more tank geared though)

Midnight run's players are very good about following loot/raid rules (known most of them pre-wotlk) so that's not a worry-it's just finding a schedule that works for everyone bounce

cheers yay ledge for new gear ^_^

Yay for Cholos and Chronos Twisted Evil

Let's go kill the pretty blue dragon lol!

I'm in favor of the co-raid actually with Cholo Machin-Scimmia and I both ran with your guild when you were still part of Nameless and liked it very much-it went smoother than other raids I had previously pugged. Even though your guild is a bit smaller, it's actually beneficial to have a consistent and strong group of ppl so where you lack in classes/numbers our guild can make that up, again with consistent players.I dont have much knowledge on loot systems actually, but from what I read on that link-the only problem that might arise is people fully understanding how it works (lol I actually needed someone to explain that one to me-im not a nub i swear >.<) the loot rules that we had with previous DoS runs about have one roll main spec/off spec for each class group seemed to work-even having open rolls would fit it's just making sure that people understand to be fair on looting.

As far as preparation for these raids-a point that had been made by Ulalume in a previous post was setting aside a day dedicated to farming for the raids-whether that is food or pots/flasks. So just an idea that we might want to implement since it's looking like we are going to do this.

Congratulations, it's a Chroncholo Very Happy
Lirixia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:18 am

Keeping track of points between raids and all the math of a merit system makes my head spin. What makes the most mathematical sense and truly rewards the most devoted also confuses others to no end.

Something another guild tried which was pretty decent was a giving each participant two main spec rolls a night, a 1-100 and a 1-80. If it's something you kind of want, you use your 1-80 roll, if its something you really need you use your 1-100. If no one else rolls and you used your 1-100 it only counts as your 1-80. This way you're really just tracking two columns per participant instead of a complicated formula. After the main spec passes I would probably open things up to open rolls for offspecs. The other group I've done 25s with tried this method and the loot was getting spread around fairly well.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:24 am

I know that what you stated is true Aitk about the system not favoring things currently. And I will sort of agree due to the fact that yes many of the people will not use points on gear and stack EP like crazy, but the fact the it decays encourages people to spend it.
The fact of the matter is when ulduar is out everyone will want a piece of loot and rolling will probably not be the fairest method, if you review the link for epgp you will see how fair it is to people who raid every week and for those who do it once a month. Maybe start epgp or a more linear and fair loot system vs rolls for that raid instance.
Also please keep in mind that what we are trying to do is to create a raiding entity not a pug friendly system.
What I want to achieve is No need for pugs,so all loot stays in Chronos Cholos!
Cheers

Blurage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:25 am

I like that system actually for now Svander
1-100 for main spec priority rolls
1-80 for second item drop

We will be using that on Sunday if everyone is ok with that.

Remember as well most of the people in the run will create a core raid so if it is a sidegrade for you or me, lets pass it to someone who gets a better boost or upgrade. Say you have a 213 item and another person a 186 regarless of roll winning I want us to be an empathic unit Very Happy (wait that came off wrong) well you know what I mean.

Btw Frostine Pie > cookies. (Only doing this so you post Razz)

Blurage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Keljaedon on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:39 am

EV had already died
I know you sir, I too was in EV. However I was in it During the whole "Split/Merge" With Severance.....Which then flipped and they used the name Everlasting Vendetta instead. Always a blast pvping with Spoh/Trins/Killmour And the original Hyuuga. However I raided with alot of EV members aswell way back when, ahh the gold old days. *sheds a tear* That being said, HI! I'm a midnight run member like me! You may remember me from such events like Karazhan, or those ZG runs for Frostine's Book. Oh yes, the book. We all love the book......*glare with rage*

As for raiding, I'll send Thinger your way...He's the Head of this lil band of Brothers *Midnight Run* we got going on, See if he can set up some times with you and what not. Other then that, I shall look for you on the field, WInterGrasp is up in a few minutes...Cheese it!
Keljaedon
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:44 pm

I know this Sunday Ledgewalker already told me he is not available, though he normally would be. Having priests for the Rasuvious fight's pretty much mandatory so hopefully there will be others available.

On that topic - how come Kel isnt lvl 80 priest yet?!

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:48 pm

With Fler we have an assured 80 shadow priest, what we need is 1 more which should not be that hard to get I hope.
And if Midnight run wants to join the run and be part of a solid raid group they are more then welcome to come.
Frostine and Scimmia both have moderator status for the raid on sunday and can invite any of your members. I would definitely like to have 30 people signed up, so we can look for optimization in the group vs hope everyone one logs on, its better safe then sorry.
I do remember the whole severance into EV deal, I remember the french MT for severance, Sylphiel good guy, I pretty much wanted to part of that merge tho so I made Genesis, later on some of that guild came over and we did pretty decent. Org bgs with them old school ev guys to get ranks was cool as hell, too bad they eliminated the whole ranks system, that actually gave pvpers a way to play with a good number of people and have fun in this game.
Hopefully we can get many people and get a strong solid ulduar group soon enough
cheers

Blurage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Keljaedon on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:23 am

Keljaedon I think is Dead to me Sad Druid healing kicks a$$ all around, You'll see Ardax as an 80 way befor kel is I think......I could be wrong.

I remember the french MT for severance, Sylphiel good guy,
Sylph is from Utah I thought Smile He has a new toon now, Enhancment Shammy by the name of Katras. Who's Currently in "The Hurricane" and yeah, awesome guy to raid with. Smile

Incidently, Roks just took up the EV name. Dunno what thats all about >.>

Anyways, focus! If and when I do level Keljaedon, I'm totally there. However by that time, Naxxaramas won't be run anymore and Uludar will be something thats fading out cause Blizzard will be introducing another instance! Yeah...Don't think he's hitting 80 anytime soon Sad Need a warrior? I got one of those, DK also! Go go plate wearers. Twisted Evil
Keljaedon
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:02 pm

Hmm.. well. It's possible if military wing is saved for later that we can find a priest to rope in this Sunday. Ledge might even eventually log in if its late enough.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:52 pm

Yup we can do that.
By the way Kilj, the main tank for our group is Acygnus who was in EV as well back in the day, don;t know if you remember him.
Hopefully 1 more priest will come so that we can have a priest who can actually use vent to talk about mcin cause fler doesnt have a mic and for some idiotic reason won't get one.

Blurage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander on Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:15 am

Ok for this week, I saw that Depravacion declined the invite. I ended up not locking my warlock to another 25man (DOS couldnt get enough players so we ran a 10), thus I am still flexible on bringing either character. I'm interested in getting better gear for my DK but if we're lacking in warlockery I can do that.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:31 am

depravacion plays poker on sundays at 3 server at his place.
So he can't make it this week.
I know deathsaucez is coming this week so thats a DK, hopefully KJ can bring another melee being warr or dk, whichever brings the pain. And we can see what we can make.
It's all good

Blurage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scimmia on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:24 am

I talked to clownbabie today and he can come as a lock if need be. I sent him a raid invite.
Scimmia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:41 pm

Keljaedon wrote:
Keljaedon I think is Dead to me Sad Druid healing kicks a$$ all around, You'll see Ardax as an 80 way befor kel is I think......I could be wrong.

I remember the french MT for severance, Sylphiel good guy,
Sylph is from Utah I thought Smile He has a new toon now, Enhancment Shammy by the name of Katras. Who's Currently in "The Hurricane" and yeah, awesome guy to raid with. Smile

Incidently, Roks just took up the EV name. Dunno what thats all about >.>

Anyways, focus! If and when I do level Keljaedon, I'm totally there. However by that time, Naxxaramas won't be run anymore and Uludar will be something thats fading out cause Blizzard will be introducing another instance! Yeah...Don't think he's hitting 80 anytime soon Sad Need a warrior? I got one of those, DK also! Go go plate wearers. Twisted Evil

I remember a time not too long ago when a midget DK, lets call him Mr. Fickle, ran around and muttered that the warrior Elenn was dead to him. Little did he know that the warrior was far from her grave as she now runs around Northrend alive and tanking while the midget DK does nothing but harvest gold for the once proclaimed dead warrior. > : P
Ulalume

Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:58 pm

So... We did plague, spider, and were working on construct but got stuck at Thaddius. Had the DPS but too many kept dying at the beginning. The plan is to resume tonight around 6:30 server. Scimmia main tanked thru Gluth and then had to log off (he cant raid past 6p on Sunday). I showed up to DPS but ended up as one of the off tanks w/ another druid - Acygnus their main tank never was able to join raid for some strange reason.

Despite being the only death knight in the raid, Heigan chose not to drop the DK sigil I need so bad. Great.

I was kind of glad it ended around 6:30 server because I was hungry (and then a little later I ended up doing five bosses with DOS in their 25m naxx with my lock on the spur o' the moment.)

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top