Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cooking with Chronos
Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 pm by Ilthaelyn

» Resurrecting!
Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:39 pm by Frostine

» story time!
Thu May 07, 2015 1:49 pm by Kyux

» raid selfies?
Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 am by Ilthien

» Gear check
Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 pm by Ilthien

» Raiding characters
Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:22 am by Ilthien

»  On the breeding habits of the Draenei
Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 am by Ilthien

» Thien's New choppa!!
Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am by Ilthien

» Raiding times
Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:31 am by PetiteEtoile

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
Gallery


Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 111 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Ulalume on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:19 am

For those of you raiders leveling up remember it is never too soon to start gearing up and preparing for the new raids of WotLK. The first raid instance most of us will be encountering is Naxxramas. Me being over eager to raid as well as having nothing to do at work found these nice videos to explain some of the raid bosses of Naxx. The link also includes an article on what gear is easy to obtain for meeting the 540 defense cap of all raid valid tanks, so if you are a tank I'd suggest taking a gander at what you need to succeed!!

Ps. Ciderhelm is a god that I choose to worship >.>

http://www.tankspot.com/

;o
avatar
Ulalume

Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-09-06
Age : 29
Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Droxia on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:57 pm

I think you really need to look at the raid instance as a whole instead of just "Boss Fights"

Prepare to raid isn't just "Jumping right In" it can be done, but to currently do so you have to be in T6/SP gear. Something I'm pretty sure most of the people in this forum is not in. Something else to consider is where your gear is coming from. A lot of starter heroic gear can be crafted and heroics should be started (If not level 80 dungeoneering to get rep to BUY early entry level purple gear.)

More helpful would have been something a bit more focused.

540 defense? Do you have it as a tank? it's the new magic number. Have you planned your way to get the gear you need to reach it? if so how soon? Why 540, because it's the minimum level to be uncrittable.

And yes, I know what I'm talking about. Gargoyles in the plague wing are pretty much a DPS check. They (to my current knowledge) aren't in any boss videos. As far as instance trash goes it's a first time I've seen a mob have a spell cast where, if the group doesn't down the mob in time, it regains full health.

I've only started Naxx and everything is hard, this ain't Kara, but it's the way I remember how raiding was (and should be) before patch 3.0.2.

And as most of you know, I'm a shaman. It shouldn't be my place to know things like "Minimum Defense Cap" however it's helpful to just plain surviving and getting through stuff.

summery: take a step back and think "Heroics"

Droxia

Posts : 474
Join date : 2008-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  deviationer on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:15 am

I hope to be 80 by the end of the year. By the middle/end of jan for sure. (Real life has been busy the past couple weeks) Then I'll get some random tanking gear together and I'll be ready for the GUILD ONLY (and friends of the guild) 10 man naxx.

deviationer

Posts : 50
Join date : 2008-10-19
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Droxia on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:40 am

Ok, and I'll ask the question i've heard everyone running a raid has asked.

How's your gear?

Forget learning the fights (even though it's important) the question is still the same. How's your gear?

I've heard it when I used to try to pug kara. "What's your spell damage is like?"
i've heard it when people were looking for tanks "How much Defense do they have?"

I know I've even looked at people from Chronos's gear when I was helping them start into raiding.
In the end, no matter if you're 80 today or by March. It's the evil question that's going to come up.

To state that tanking gear is random, is to say that Bosses drop what they want. Every sucessful tank, tries to learn where certain loot drops are, knows what they're defense needs to be and knows what they have to do to get to the "magic number."

so I'll ask you again "How's your gear?"

or in the case that you're not 80, where are you getting your gear from?

Droxia

Posts : 474
Join date : 2008-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Ulalume on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:55 am

Droxia wrote:I think you really need to look at the raid instance as a whole instead of just "Boss Fights"

I've only started Naxx and everything is hard, this ain't Kara, but it's the way I remember how raiding was (and should be) before patch 3.0.2.

And as most of you know, I'm a shaman. It shouldn't be my place to know things like "Minimum Defense Cap" however it's helpful to just plain surviving and getting through stuff.

summery: take a step back and think "Heroics"

This is true. In fact some of the best tanking gear you need before going into Naxx comes from the Wymerest (spell check?) quartermaster which means you need to be at least honored with them. To get honored you have to do heroics first. But I also think it is beneficial to start looking at Naxx because that is were people are headed and learning the boss fights early is always crucial to success especially if you are aiming to be a raid leader or at the very least a MT. In my opion Ciderhelm does a stunning job of explaing the fights so it is good to watch them. As for the trash of the instances, it would be nice to know what they do as well and I haven't found any guides on those. If you have a guide or personal experiance please post it in this thread. WoTLK raids aren't going to be like Kara at all it is a huge step up (watching the videos has shown me that) so if you plan to raid plan to rethink things and re gear.

As a final note if you want to do 25 man raids in Naxx seriously start looking for a frost resist set (this is crucial sapphiron ain't no puff the magic dragon).
;O


Last edited by Idhrenniel on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:51 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Ulalume

Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-09-06
Age : 29
Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  deviationer on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:30 am

Droxia wrote:Ok, and I'll ask the question i've heard everyone running a raid has asked.

How's your gear?

Forget learning the fights (even though it's important) the question is still the same. How's your gear?

I've heard it when I used to try to pug kara. "What's your spell damage is like?"
i've heard it when people were looking for tanks "How much Defense do they have?"

I know I've even looked at people from Chronos's gear when I was helping them start into raiding.
In the end, no matter if you're 80 today or by March. It's the evil question that's going to come up.

To state that tanking gear is random, is to say that Bosses drop what they want. Every sucessful tank, tries to learn where certain loot drops are, knows what they're defense needs to be and knows what they have to do to get to the "magic number."

so I'll ask you again "How's your gear?"

or in the case that you're not 80, where are you getting your gear from?

I'm not an idiot and if I want to call greens/blues that will give me the def cap and HP I need to start tanking 10 man naxx random, I will do so.

I'm not going to worry about tanking gear for raiding untill I get close to 80 or at 80. Things change too much in the game to piece together entry level tanking gear while leveling to the cap.

deviationer

Posts : 50
Join date : 2008-10-19
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Ulalume on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:36 am

deviationer wrote:
Droxia wrote:Ok, and I'll ask the question i've heard everyone running a raid has asked.

How's your gear?

Forget learning the fights (even though it's important) the question is still the same. How's your gear?

I've heard it when I used to try to pug kara. "What's your spell damage is like?"
i've heard it when people were looking for tanks "How much Defense do they have?"

I know I've even looked at people from Chronos's gear when I was helping them start into raiding.
In the end, no matter if you're 80 today or by March. It's the evil question that's going to come up.

To state that tanking gear is random, is to say that Bosses drop what they want. Every sucessful tank, tries to learn where certain loot drops are, knows what they're defense needs to be and knows what they have to do to get to the "magic number."

so I'll ask you again "How's your gear?"

or in the case that you're not 80, where are you getting your gear from?

I'm not an idiot and if I want to call greens/blues that will give me the def cap and HP I need to start tanking 10 man naxx random, I will do so.

I'm not going to worry about tanking gear for raiding untill I get close to 80 or at 80. Things change too much in the game to piece together entry level tanking gear while leveling to the cap.

greens = badness for Naxx
If you are in quest greens you are not ready for Naxx, plain and simple. But this is an easy fix. Simply take a look at the link I posted and read the Defense cap article. It will provide you with all the gear you need as well as where to get it. Most of it is priced cheaply on the AH and the other items are mostly Heroic drops or rep items. Getting the right gear is crucial and random gear will not suffice for Naxxarams. Preperation is key to this game. Be a good boy scout and always be prepared! Smile

;O
avatar
Ulalume

Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-09-06
Age : 29
Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Droxia on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:48 am

*le sigh here I go again*
emphasis mine.
deviationer wrote:I hope to be 80 by the end of the year. By the middle/end of jan for sure. (Real life has been busy the past couple weeks) Then I'll get some random tanking gear together and I'll be ready for the GUILD ONLY (and friends of the guild) 10 man naxx.

To say "Random Tanking Gear" means you're not doing the homework.

deviationer wrote:
Droxia wrote:Ok, and I'll ask the question i've heard everyone running a raid has asked.

How's your gear?

Forget learning the fights (even though it's important) the question is still the same. How's your gear?

I've heard it when I used to try to pug kara. "What's your spell damage is like?"
i've heard it when people were looking for tanks "How much Defense do they have?"

I know I've even looked at people from Chronos's gear when I was helping them start into raiding.
In the end, no matter if you're 80 today or by March. It's the evil question that's going to come up.

To state that tanking gear is random, is to say that Bosses drop what they want. Every sucessful tank, tries to learn where certain loot drops are, knows what they're defense needs to be and knows what they have to do to get to the "magic number."

so I'll ask you again "How's your gear?"

or in the case that you're not 80, where are you getting your gear from?

I'm not an idiot and if I want to call greens/blues that will give me the def cap and HP I need to start tanking 10 man naxx random, I will do so.

I'm not going to worry about tanking gear for raiding untill I get close to 80 or at 80. Things change too much in the game to piece together entry level tanking gear while leveling to the cap.

And nobody said you were, except you. So I ask this, what are you getting gear wise to reach the Defense cap?
If you've ever heard me preach when I used to sit in Chronos vent, most of them will tell you, I got on everyone's case about gear. I also showed them what they could do to improve it or where to get it. they'll also tell you that I used to say think about your gear 2 levels before the level cap. Mostly because 2 levels before the cap is when you started getting your entry level heroic and end game gear.

However if you still think I'm calling you an idiot, than prove me wrong and show me a list. I'm at least man enough to say when I'm wrong.

let's make it a challenge - show me blues and greens on your list


Last edited by Droxia on Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added my challenge)

Droxia

Posts : 474
Join date : 2008-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  phantom on Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:52 am

tank rule #1
You are going to have to hit that magic non crit defense number.


Something you will not do with greens or lower blues. In fact I would highly recomend having the higher end blue heroic type drops before stepping into nax 10. I would even go as far as saying you need some epics scattered in as well especially as a tank. So run heroics until you have the badges to get your t7 gear then step inside and poke around.
avatar
phantom

Posts : 43
Join date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Ulalume on Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:23 am

phantom wrote:tank rule #1
You are going to have to hit that magic non crit defense number.


Something you will not do with greens or lower blues. In fact I would highly recomend having the higher end blue heroic type drops before stepping into nax 10. I would even go as far as saying you need some epics scattered in as well especially as a tank. So run heroics until you have the badges to get your t7 gear then step inside and poke around.

This might be over kill. You probably don't need T7 to go into Naxx. People are clearing Naxx with blues and some heroic drops. If you understand what stats you need then gear acquisition for Naxx is rather straight forward and most are easily acquired aside from maybe one or two heroic drops. I gather this information from the few DK's in my guild that have entered Naxx and cleared it (? I think, or at least to kelthazad (spell check)). It may be different from other classes but they seemed to have no huge issues. However, for Naxx 25 that may be an entirely different story involving scary things like frost gear ((shivers) no pun intended).

;O
avatar
Ulalume

Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-09-06
Age : 29
Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Ulalume on Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:40 am

Hate to double post but here goes.

If you want to tank heroics the Defense cap is 535.
And yes you will have to poke your head into a few before venturing into Naxx.
Happy hunting.

;O
avatar
Ulalume

Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-09-06
Age : 29
Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Droxia on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:16 pm

You do realize that you can edit your post if it's the last post in the thread as much as you want and nobody would be the wiser. The edit only appears if you change your post after someone else has posted, or you choose to do so (as in my edit listed above, where I also added the reason.)

I could care less about double posts so long as time has gone by, it's senseless double posting or "bumping" a thread that's frowned upon.

not like there is a lot going on here these days but macking it seems.

Droxia

Posts : 474
Join date : 2008-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  phantom on Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:47 pm

Idhrenniel wrote:
This might be over kill. You probably don't need T7 ......
By epics i mean heroic drops, not t7. And the amount of top notch heroic blues/heroics purples you have is greatly determined by the rest of your party. I have seen epic tanks get ripped to shreds in nax 10 due to sucky gear OR a sucky party. I still would not walk into nax 10 with a mediocre geared tank in my party so to each their own.
avatar
phantom

Posts : 43
Join date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Ulalume on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:29 am

[quote="phantom"]
Idhrenniel wrote:
I have seen epic tanks get ripped to shreds in nax 10 due to sucky gear OR a sucky party.

I've seen epiced out tanks get rolled over because they got their epics by riding on coat tails. This is why I find that pugg-ing isn't such a bad thing. If you can work with scrubs and random people then you can do well in raids because it teaches you to lead and understand what is going wrong in the party. (but this is for learning purposes only. I would never raid with a pug.) I think that this is where I went wrong with Id. I was relying on others too much and never really became a true tank, but I digress. I suppose my question is, meeting stat caps is the main key to being able to preform in end game content but are the means really that important? If you are wearing blues and meet all the stat caps should you turn that person down?

;O
avatar
Ulalume

Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-09-06
Age : 29
Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  SmokeGSU on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:51 am

What's a pugg? Don't believe I've ever heard that term in any mmo I've ever played o.O.... I swear I've learned more random acronyms playing WOW than I did in 3 years playing L2 and that one year I played Knights Online.
avatar
SmokeGSU

Posts : 73
Join date : 2008-09-08
Age : 33
Location : Georgia and North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Ulalume on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:05 am

/facepalm

Pug= Pick up group
avatar
Ulalume

Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-09-06
Age : 29
Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Frostine on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:21 am

*katacky mushrooms* lots of hate Smile whats wrong with being a pain in the butt and going in a group and doing nothing while the poor Frost mage does all the dps and gets her butt handed back to her by the mobs?!?! NOTHING!! *sigh* worrying about something in advance isn't a good strategy especially if it isn't life threatening Smile If I was 80 and I wanted to run Naxx , I would be worried Smile but till then I am a happy panda looking for that A-hole who is "a raider" Razz. Again, progressing in this game will be really easy and I don't think that our guild will fall behind in raids dev Smile I think you are a really good tank Smile I couldn't careless about your gear.. if you say (think) its ok I will say lead on( cuz you have prolly done your research about that raid and I would trust you with that) ... if we wipe however... your corpse will be found all blue and tied up in a dark ally in china town. Mucho love Razz

Love always
Frost
avatar
Frostine
Admin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2008-09-03

View user profile http://forum.chronosguild.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  deviationer on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:30 am

Frostine wrote:*katacky mushrooms* lots of hate Smile whats wrong with being a pain in the butt and going in a group and doing nothing while the poor Frost mage does all the dps and gets her butt handed back to her by the mobs?!?! NOTHING!! *sigh* worrying about something in advance isn't a good strategy especially if it isn't life threatening Smile If I was 80 and I wanted to run Naxx , I would be worried Smile but till then I am a happy panda looking for that A-hole who is "a raider" Razz. Again, progressing in this game will be really easy and I don't think that our guild will fall behind in raids dev Smile I think you are a really good tank Smile I couldn't careless about your gear.. if you say (think) its ok I will say lead on( cuz you have prolly done your research about that raid and I would trust you with that) ... if we wipe however... your corpse will be found all blue and tied up in a dark ally in china town. Mucho love Razz

Love always
Frost

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Cool Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

deviationer

Posts : 50
Join date : 2008-10-19
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  SmokeGSU on Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:40 pm

Well why not just say you need to pick up a group? The use of acronyms in WOW are quite mind boggling.... seems people make up acronyms for everything and especially when they're unneeded or for the silliest phrases, imo.
avatar
SmokeGSU

Posts : 73
Join date : 2008-09-08
Age : 33
Location : Georgia and North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Ulalume on Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:50 pm

SmokeGSU wrote:Well why not just say you need to pick up a group? The use of acronyms in WOW are quite mind boggling.... seems people make up acronyms for everything and especially when they're unneeded or for the silliest phrases, imo.

Because all the cool kids do it.
avatar
Ulalume

Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-09-06
Age : 29
Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  SmokeGSU on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:50 am

Oh those must be the same kids who play against me on xbox live who use words like "noob" and "pwnd" Laughing
avatar
SmokeGSU

Posts : 73
Join date : 2008-09-08
Age : 33
Location : Georgia and North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Keljaedon on Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:31 am

Those are 11 year olds Sad And yea, they pwned me in Halo also.
avatar
Keljaedon
Officer

Posts : 223
Join date : 2008-09-05
Location : In your house watching you feed your cat....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Ulalume on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:25 am

I smell a thread derail. RUN FOR THE BOARDER IT'S TACO BELL!!
avatar
Ulalume

Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-09-06
Age : 29
Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  deviationer on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:29 am

Idhrenniel wrote:I smell a thread derail. RUN FOR THE BOARDER IT'S TACO BELL!!

just like with the post your picture thread. Frost still has not posted a pic yet Question

deviationer

Posts : 50
Join date : 2008-10-19
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Ulalume on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:37 am

I hate to be the thread nazi but since the old one is away I'll take the postion. Complain about Frost's missing pic in the pic thread. I was too subtle the last time I tried to rerail the thread, DAMN!

Back on track. Who is planning to raid Naxx in Chronos? If you are post with your current lvl. WE NEED NUMBAHS!!!
avatar
Ulalume

Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-09-06
Age : 29
Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naxx IT IS UPON US!!!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum