Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cooking with Chronos
Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 pm by Ilthaelyn

» Resurrecting!
Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:39 pm by Frostine

» story time!
Thu May 07, 2015 1:49 pm by Kyux

» raid selfies?
Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 am by Ilthien

» Gear check
Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 pm by Ilthien

» Raiding characters
Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:22 am by Ilthien

»  On the breeding habits of the Draenei
Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 am by Ilthien

» Thien's New choppa!!
Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am by Ilthien

» Raiding times
Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:31 am by PetiteEtoile

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
Gallery


Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 111 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Hyjals Past

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hyjals Past

Post  Mankin on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:35 am

Lets do it.

Mankin

Posts : 10
Join date : 2008-09-30
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Ulalume on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:37 am

After yesterday, I think I could MT the 1st boss givin that we don't do a pug. Although I'd like to find at least someone who had done it before so as to have a guide.
avatar
Ulalume

Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-09-06
Age : 28
Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Mankin on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:37 am

Yesterday was sad. What went wrong? idk

Mankin

Posts : 10
Join date : 2008-09-30
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Keljaedon on Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:22 am

I'll say it cause I think way to highly of myself. Ahem, CLEARLY the fail was cause I wasn't around to take charge and correct the errors of Idhrenniel's ways. Worry not brothers! I shall crack the whip to bring her back in line!

On a serious note....Who does Hyjal these days? After getting Tier 5 loot I lost all respect for TIER loot in general. It's like...A hair upgrade in stuff. Now, granted Tier 6 loot is better....But at this point is it really worth the upgrade when WOTLK is out in 2 days?

Don't give me the whole, "BUT I wanna experience it!" Cause you still can, when you're 80....and with 4 other people. Instances won't POOF into thin air people. They will always be around! Just gotta knuckle up and grind to that 80 mark. MmMM, I hate level grinding.

Did you ever say, "I wanna experience Upper blackrock SPIRE!" Or, "I wanna run Molten CORE! OR Blackwing Lair! Lets RUn Ahn'qiraj 20 and 40!" Looking at it that way, "For the experience" Why haven't you raided any of these places? They're Pre BC and just as Cool IMO. Hell, they offer you Achievement points to knock them out, Nax is still there too. 2 days to knock the good ole 40man raid NAX out. When WOTLK comes out it's the same bosses, same Strats. Just WAY Harder. Give it a shot, bring your friends and try to down it Smile
avatar
Keljaedon
Officer

Posts : 223
Join date : 2008-09-05
Location : In your house watching you feed your cat....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Ulalume on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:14 am

Mankin wrote:Yesterday was sad. What went wrong? idk
One word and it should be BLATANLY obvious: PUG

In regards to Kel:
I want to go there to see the world tree, get my staff of sexiness, and say that I did it before I turned 80 or 71 or any on that shit.
avatar
Ulalume

Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-09-06
Age : 28
Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  phantom on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:53 pm

It would be nice to run it, and just watch as nothing drops for me like always.
avatar
phantom

Posts : 43
Join date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Keljaedon on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:33 pm

wow.......You know how long it took me to get Elenn into the gear she's in now? Months. You hit Seventy for a few days and expect mad epics? damn.....

I remember when I ran Karazhans with 9 other people who were equally geared and they all pretty much rolled against me. I lost rolls by 10, even 1. Which annoyed me to no end. However in the end I am in the gear I wanna be. Gear takes time, it's not handed out as Candy or everyone would be in the same equal gear and the game would get old quick.

Gear will come around, you just have to wait in line with the rest of the people. If you feel you have shitty luck so be it, however you can't really go around saying
It would be nice to run it, and just watch as nothing drops for me like always.

Always makes me laugh When Darkprowler says the same. However he says it like, "MAN, I got like 4 epics in a day. That must piss you guys right off." Yea, it does piss us right off, it took us months to get the gear were in. We had no "3.0.2" patch to help us. We had to do things the hard way. Tanking was horrible, healing was stupid and dps was interesting to say the least.

We downed Karazhan in what, 2-3 days? Hell, once we hit Curator we usually just called the run. We didn't continue to Prince-"Chess"- We walked away from Netherspite and never looked in. And now I'll full circle, Gear will come to you. Just wait in line with the rest.
avatar
Keljaedon
Officer

Posts : 223
Join date : 2008-09-05
Location : In your house watching you feed your cat....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  phantom on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:57 pm

Since you dont know me, my wow luck, or anything else regarding me I will humor you.

I do not expect a damn thing to be handed out to me and do not ever want anyone to even assume something like that. I also realize it takes months to get high level gear and I would be more than happy to wait in line for it. In fact I just want to be running with everyone else to enjoy the content. I dont know if you threw that comment out as a jab to me but I want to clarify that above everything else.

My problem lies in the fact that every single instance I have been in items just never drop for Rogues. I have run Kara only 3 times but have seen a single Rogue tier token drop. Out of all of the heroics I have run....yeah you guessed it the same thing. No matter what I am cursed with bad wow luck. Not even a chance to roll on something, even to lose it! This extends into lower level instances as well as I was coming up so its not new to me to be stuck in shitty quest reward gear.

So here I go into Lich, geared the best I could be in my last few weeks as a 70. Sorry to have hoped for better Question
avatar
phantom

Posts : 43
Join date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Droxia on Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:07 pm

Phantom's problem is that when the loot that comes up for him drops, someone else ends up needing it and...in truth they didn't or probably don't. That's why he was one of the people we were focusing on. Out of the others who were supposed to go in our run, there was another paladin, a warrior and one more who needed gear. For us it wasn't a badge run, but a run to get people gear. I know I can say what I say because I've been with him in all of his Kara runs and a few of his instance runs, Luck just doesn't go his way.

I also know Phantom in the RL and he's one of the hardest working individuals that I know. Probably gets more crap for his 2nd job than his 9-5, however he does have the skills to pay the bills. He's not afraid to knuckle up and say "this is how I see it and this is what we have to do next."

Probably why I've been trying to be there for him because he's one of the few in my guild who shares a similar vision (if not the only one) as I do when it comes to raiding. Chances are if he was 70 the night I first went to ZG with most of you, he would have been there with us.

Droxia

Posts : 474
Join date : 2008-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Keljaedon on Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:21 pm

I dont know if you threw that comment out as a jab to me


It's pretty much to anyone that feels they get nothing from 2-3 runs of Kara.
avatar
Keljaedon
Officer

Posts : 223
Join date : 2008-09-05
Location : In your house watching you feed your cat....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Droxia on Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:49 pm

Idhrenniel wrote:
Mankin wrote:Yesterday was sad. What went wrong? idk
One word and it should be BLATANLY obvious: PUG

In regards to Kel:
I want to go there to see the world tree, get my staff of sexiness, and say that I did it before I turned 80 or 71 or any on that shit.
To bad the same won't be said for swift flight form.

Droxia

Posts : 474
Join date : 2008-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Keljaedon on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:03 pm

I hate Druids......
avatar
Keljaedon
Officer

Posts : 223
Join date : 2008-09-05
Location : In your house watching you feed your cat....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  phantom on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:12 pm

Keljaedon wrote:It's pretty much to anyone that feels they get nothing from 2-3 runs of Kara.

I can honestly see what you mean Elenn about taking time to get gear. I know what you mean about not getting great items quickly, especially as a new 70. I know lots of people had to farm lots of places for a long time, regardless of the 3.0 patch making things easier. Fact is you have not seen me level my a$$ off trying to get to 70 before Wraith, you didnt see me in low level instances, you dont know me or how I play or even why I play. So I do not get why or how you would even attempt to come after me regarding anything. Who the hell knew that me stating my luck issues in WoW would cause forum drama over something as stupid as gear.

Since you want to go at me like that I will bow out. I will steer clear from ever getting in your way in the future as well. This is coming from the same undergeared scrub that passed on the purple gun from BBW because you seemed to want it a lot. So it seems even when I am nice it seems I still get shit.....

I am sorry I obviously stepped on your toes but I can promise you will not have to worry about me ever again.
avatar
phantom

Posts : 43
Join date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Keljaedon on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:22 pm

You're Forgiven Razz

This is coming from the same undergeared scrub that passed on the purple gun from BBW because you seemed to want it a lot.

I actually didn't need it, I'm using the S2 thrown weapon apon reflection. It's really for Cosmetics for my toon....ask anyone, I have so much useless Rogue stuff I don't need that just looks cool on my toon.

Also! You brought it to the forums first, sir. With apparent QQing of bad luck on loot and getting nothing. Now you try to get the last word in and yet be passive at the same time. LIke you're the victim or something....*insert laugh here cause none of the emoticons do anything for this* Your attempts at making me look like the bad one failed.


Oh yea.....I also Bow out from this idiocy.
avatar
Keljaedon
Officer

Posts : 223
Join date : 2008-09-05
Location : In your house watching you feed your cat....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Frostine on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:32 pm

Why is it always that things between "little boys" becomes a competition really quick? for the love of everything that it holy (and not holy). *Sigh* I agree with both of you "kids". some people do have crappy luck, some people just run with people who don't know what gear is right for them AND some people run with NINJAS ( and no drox i don't mean your guild). the fact is, If some half witted dufis rolled on a piece of gear he/she didn't need I will be kinda pissy however I always look on the bright side where there are cookies waiting for me and warm milk and... ehem.. Anyways, yes gearing takes time believe me Razz with some people it doesn't Smile but most of us it does and I don't think you have stepped on anyone's toes Phantom Smile (unless you did then ignore that Razz ) kel was just talking about past experience ( which he claims he has ( and yes i went there Razz )) I have to agree with what both of you said, even though you already knew it and didn't need me to repeat it but I had the urge to write an essay Razz. SO CHILL THE HECK UP THE BOTH OF Y'ALLS and leave pissing people off to me Smile.. thats what I do best Smile

on that note.. I probably should head to class Razz I hates you wasting my time *tsk tsk tsk*
I will come and babysit you later tonight Smile


much love *hugs and cookies ..and pie and Icecream...* Jeez you guys are demanding and yes Id.. I made Biscuits Razz
avatar
Frostine
Admin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2008-09-03

View user profile http://forum.chronosguild.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Keljaedon on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:39 pm

God damn there is so many Emoticons in that message..... Shocked I've learnt my lesson, please don't post the faces again....It's like staring at a clown for to long....
avatar
Keljaedon
Officer

Posts : 223
Join date : 2008-09-05
Location : In your house watching you feed your cat....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Frostine on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:42 pm

ROFL.. good boy Smile thats more like it.. don't let me use my powers of the smiles Twisted Evil Cuz you know I will to maintain LOVE AND PEACE !! Razz MUAHAHAH *cough* *cough* I am getting old for this evil smile but oh well MUAHAHAHAHA Razz


Forstine
avatar
Frostine
Admin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2008-09-03

View user profile http://forum.chronosguild.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Droxia on Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:41 am

Quoting "Forst" because being an anal jerk pointing out errors is what I think I do best. Emphasis mine.

Frostine wrote:ROFL.. good boy Smile thats more like it.. don't let me use my powers of the smiles Twisted Evil Cuz you know I will to maintain LOVE AND PEACE !! Razz MUAHAHAH *cough* *cough* I am getting old for this evil smile but oh well MUAHAHAHAHA Razz


Forstine

Sounds like you're a HIPPY.

and emoticons in that amount make baby Thrall cry.

Droxia

Posts : 474
Join date : 2008-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Ulalume on Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:52 am

Droxia wrote:
Idhrenniel wrote:
Mankin wrote:Yesterday was sad. What went wrong? idk
One word and it should be BLATANLY obvious: PUG

In regards to Kel:
I want to go there to see the world tree, get my staff of sexiness, and say that I did it before I turned 80 or 71 or any on that shit.
To bad the same won't be said for swift flight form.

I'm sorry, I was too busy running everything in sight, beefing a resto/boomkin gear set, and helping MNR to care about SFF. It will be easy to get it in Wrath. It didn't make sense to spend hours that I could have used raiding to get SFF and then have a druid in scrub gear that can turn into a purple bird. I was too busy gearing ID and having fun with MNR to care about something as superfluous as SFF.
avatar
Ulalume

Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-09-06
Age : 28
Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Thinger on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:07 am

Phantom:

I for one thought you did really well in Kara last night and would like to run with you again. I can sympathize with the roll/drop woes a bit, but more importantly it was good to see another player who knows how to play come with us.

I would be willing to have you again anytime we go. I'm planning to run Karazhan for badges (and gear if anyone wants), and most importantly money whenever I can (once a week at the moment). Feel free to throw me a whisper to see what's up on the schedule or if you ever need an extra for a run.
avatar
Thinger

Posts : 92
Join date : 2008-09-06
Age : 34
Location : the train

View user profile http://midnight.evilmag.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Droxia on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:27 am

Idhrenniel wrote:
Droxia wrote:
Idhrenniel wrote:
Mankin wrote:Yesterday was sad. What went wrong? idk
One word and it should be BLATANLY obvious: PUG

In regards to Kel:
I want to go there to see the world tree, get my staff of sexiness, and say that I did it before I turned 80 or 71 or any on that shit.
To bad the same won't be said for swift flight form.

I'm sorry, I was too busy running everything in sight, beefing a resto/boomkin gear set, and helping MNR to care about SFF. It will be easy to get it in Wrath. It didn't make sense to spend hours that I could have used raiding to get SFF and then have a druid in scrub gear that can turn into a purple bird. I was too busy gearing ID and having fun with MNR to care about something as superfluous as SFF.
Remember that the next time you go to heroic sethekk halls and people ask if you can summon Aznu - or you're in a group with someone that can summon the bird.

That aside - farming cash so you can do thing in game isn't superfluous. it's a goal. If you set your mind to that goal, is it superfluous than? Or is it superfluous because you didn't achieve said goal?

Thorgal and you were neck and neck and he acomplished said goal. Thinger has not achieved swift flight training because he'd rather help his guildies and gave away money. Both wanted the same thing, one achieved it and one did not and in the case of the second he chose a more noble roll. When some of us opted to help you, you turned it down. Now that it's "easy" to obtain what can truely be said about some of the achievements that can be done in game?

When I got my warlock mount, it was a quest. In someways a right of passage, because I had to plan to get the items I needed to get my mount. I two manned Dire Maul with Arf in getting my warlock mount. How many people with Warlocks will be able to say that?

When Thinger went for his charger, we got to see him get the mats (with a little help) and I was able to witness a fight I was only curious about and question I ever would have seen. Now it's easy.

Farming 5k gold twice was not exactly fun. But I did it. I'd do it again (I'm going to have to if I bring more alts up) and in doing so I can say "I did it myself." Did I have fun doing it? yes. Did friends offer help in the case of the druid yes. Did I take it? no, not at that time, because I wanted to see if I can do it myself. I did - and finished with the last 500g I needed that night.

it's odd what your mind to do when you're shown a goal. When the idea of tanking came up you were against it. Than you were given the chance and warned about it in your pvp gear. You did so to prove you could and than you saw the difference in PvE gear. You had a goal (do it in the gear I worked on) and prove you could live. When that went sour you took the other path and saw the difference. The same could be same about your tanking mallet and cenarion rep.

Respecing using a healing gear set that's now become a boomkin set - isn't running everything - it's trying out gera you've been stockpiling for a while.

In all cases you still had fun learning and doing.

But since it involves your druid it's all moot now that you have your new death knight.

Droxia

Posts : 474
Join date : 2008-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  phantom on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:44 am

Thinger wrote:Phantom:

I for one thought you did really well in Kara last night and would like to run with you again. I can sympathize with the roll/drop woes a bit, but more importantly it was good to see another player who knows how to play come with us.

I would be willing to have you again anytime we go. I'm planning to run Karazhan for badges (and gear if anyone wants), and most importantly money whenever I can (once a week at the moment). Feel free to throw me a whisper to see what's up on the schedule or if you ever need an extra for a run.
I thank you very much for the comments and would accept your offer anytime you need DPS or bodies. I am absolutely dying to run instances since I missed WoW 1 and 2 (which equates to the original level 60 and BC level 70). So much so that I wait around cities for hours watching for "LF DPS pst" messeges. I just cant find a good group to run heroics, or unfortunately Kara, ZA, Grulls, Hyjal, BT, etc, with. Mainly because all of you guys have seen it and are tired of it where as I am just looking around and experiencing it for the first time. I guess the good thing about wraith is that I get to hang with everyone from 70 up.
avatar
phantom

Posts : 43
Join date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Ulalume on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:03 am

Droxia wrote:
Idhrenniel wrote:
Droxia wrote:
Idhrenniel wrote:
Mankin wrote:Yesterday was sad. What went wrong? idk
One word and it should be BLATANLY obvious: PUG

In regards to Kel:
I want to go there to see the world tree, get my staff of sexiness, and say that I did it before I turned 80 or 71 or any on that shit.
To bad the same won't be said for swift flight form.

I'm sorry, I was too busy running everything in sight, beefing a resto/boomkin gear set, and helping MNR to care about SFF. It will be easy to get it in Wrath. It didn't make sense to spend hours that I could have used raiding to get SFF and then have a druid in scrub gear that can turn into a purple bird. I was too busy gearing ID and having fun with MNR to care about something as superfluous as SFF.
Remember that the next time you go to heroic sethekk halls and people ask if you can summon Aznu - or you're in a group with someone that can summon the bird.

That aside - farming cash so you can do thing in game isn't superfluous. it's a goal. If you set your mind to that goal, is it superfluous than? Or is it superfluous because you didn't achieve said goal?

Thorgal and you were neck and neck and he acomplished said goal. Thinger has not achieved swift flight training because he'd rather help his guildies and gave away money. Both wanted the same thing, one achieved it and one did not and in the case of the second he chose a more noble roll. When some of us opted to help you, you turned it down. Now that it's "easy" to obtain what can truely be said about some of the achievements that can be done in game?

When I got my warlock mount, it was a quest. In someways a right of passage, because I had to plan to get the items I needed to get my mount. I two manned Dire Maul with Arf in getting my warlock mount. How many people with Warlocks will be able to say that?

When Thinger went for his charger, we got to see him get the mats (with a little help) and I was able to witness a fight I was only curious about and question I ever would have seen. Now it's easy.

Farming 5k gold twice was not exactly fun. But I did it. I'd do it again (I'm going to have to if I bring more alts up) and in doing so I can say "I did it myself." Did I have fun doing it? yes. Did friends offer help in the case of the druid yes. Did I take it? no, not at that time, because I wanted to see if I can do it myself. I did - and finished with the last 500g I needed that night.

it's odd what your mind to do when you're shown a goal. When the idea of tanking came up you were against it. Than you were given the chance and warned about it in your pvp gear. You did so to prove you could and than you saw the difference in PvE gear. You had a goal (do it in the gear I worked on) and prove you could live. When that went sour you took the other path and saw the difference. The same could be same about your tanking mallet and cenarion rep.

Respecing using a healing gear set that's now become a boomkin set - isn't running everything - it's trying out gera you've been stockpiling for a while.

In all cases you still had fun learning and doing.

But since it involves your druid it's all moot now that you have your new death knight.

Back when I had 2500g people needed a tank and they needed a healer. It was when the guilds were starting kara. I placed all of my funds into buying gems and gear for both sets. I didn't want anyone to help me but it or fund it for me. I'll admit I accumulated some resto gear but only later in the game. MY inittial resto set was primaraly out of my own pocket becuase at the time I was planning to fill two rolls if I was needed to fill two rolls.

As for Kara in my pvp gear. I did survive that Kara and I didn't do a bad job playing my role as OT. But I did learn from it and decided to gear up Id according to pve standards. So i dumped a bunch of funds into getting the cleff hoof crap and 12+ stam gems. MY gear was all fine and dandy until we did ZA the first time and I was told I was under geared. I agreed with that and set a goal to get epiced out which I finally accomplished as of Sunday when I bought my last piece of badge gear. So I can set goals and achive them and I'm learning which goals are worth achieving and which aren't. Me being versatile and having several sets of gear comes with my class and I put my funds there. SUre I have a huge stock pile of primals and herbs on the Trumpster that I could sell and prbably get 1-2kg but Ledge and my guild need those supplies so I keep it for them. SFF will come when it comes and I'm not worried about that. I can't use it in raids or on pvp so why bother? As thinger says "when the money crosses the desk I'll do it," but until then, my goals are to sick with my DK and become the best tank I can be (with both ID and Uly).
avatar
Ulalume

Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-09-06
Age : 28
Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Droxia on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:41 am

and you've totally missed my original point.

Kel talks about doing old content. You talk about "doing things before X." I mention somethings you could have done before a specific X as well as something you may not be able to do when you reach Y. You say it's because I spent all my free time tanking and collecting gear and spending my money on doing a build you still have yet to do (or if you have done, not long enough to go on the radar.)

Math aside, I know that the 3 core members of MNR usually don't come on till late (except for a few times recently,) so what exactly have you been tanking in the afternoons? or as you put it "too busy running everything in sight" I know it wasn't until post 3.0.2 that you guys have gone hardcore into heroics because everything is easy mode now. Before that, you had the means to accomplish something you may not see again.

As someone who pugged on his own before all of us were raiding, I know that you could not have been "busy running everything in sight" you didn't start PvE content till Kara.

However let me requote you again.
I want to go there to see the world tree, get my staff of sexiness, and say that I did it before I turned 80 or 71 or any on that shit.
hence why I bring up SFF or being able to summon Aznu.

or more imporntantly, experiencing the trip it too to get Swift Flight Form. or just being able to say "I did this before Northrend!"

As far as needing a healer - the problem wasn't an issue when it was first Thinger and I doing the role of healing until Chronos recruited Holydrisst. When Holy came on board he became The MH, Thinger became the OH and I went back to Elemental. At no point during that time has anyone had enough offset gear for a different build (and if they did it wasn't the greatest.) I'm also pretty sure that due to the 3.0.2 all your resto gear = doubled as boomkin gear - (which many have seen you do.) This part is really irelevent and is there for the sake of arguing

Or let me sum up my frustration. People getting Epics quickly versus people working for epics over a period of time.
Or as I see it. Getting Swift Flight Form now versus Getting it at 71.

I'm sure there is one other tank who sees my point and understands what I'm getting at - since I understand his point about getting 2-4 epics a day.

Finally to say you can't use SFF in PvP means you havne't been ganked enough by other druids in Zangamarsh or got out herbalized by someone else in outlands. and yes I know about Herotodus - he's attacked me also.

however you are correct about not being able to use it in raids.

Droxia

Posts : 474
Join date : 2008-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Ulalume on Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:31 am

What do I do before MNR comes on? I level Yseult. Often times I will farm the dead mire as well but I choose not to sell the primal lifes I collect because often times they are needed within my guild. I wanted to do Hyjal before Wrath because it would be a verification that I have come along way and can raid and tank in end game content. It would have been a verification that I can play my class and play it well. I picked Hyjal because of the lore surrounding it. Hyjal is one on the major battles that nightelves star in. I wanted to do that particular instance because it was fitting for Id. To me it would not really have been a verification that I could play my class well just because I can farm for 5kg and then turn into a purple bird. It just didn't seem worth it to me to spend the money I needed on gear on SFF at the time because 1) I never really use flight form when raiding 2) my main source of pvp i.e. battle grounds, doesn't allow me to use it 3) It will be easy to get 5kg with wrath and THEN I'll need it after lvl 77 or whatever. According to my values and the circumstances at the time I don't think I'm that rationally off. This is my last justification and I'm not going to push this petty argument further. Jab at me all you want Drox but I don't really care anymore. ('.')y
avatar
Ulalume

Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-09-06
Age : 28
Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyjals Past

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum