In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Guild Raid times...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guild Raid times...

Post  Thorgal on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:28 am

So some people were asking when we raid. Although it is posted in the guild information ill post it here as well.

We raid around 6:30 Server time on Friday's and Saturdays.
Also an earlier raid during the week has kind of been set up which is Wed. Night. earlier around 4-6 server time.

Any questions or any suggestions please post here or send me a tell in game.

Thanks!!!
~Thorgal
Thorgal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guild Raid times...

Post  Droxia on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:03 am

I'm confused. Is there a day set in stone? If not there needs to be.

as far as I'm concerned, I don't really care who I go with this week. I just need 20 badges. And new gear. And Living Rubys or Crimson Spinels.

And I thought about playing Healbot.

to quote Elenn. "I need an adult."

Droxia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deviationer on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:06 am

frost and the officers might want to rethink that with wrath coming. 10 man naxx will not be clearable in 2 raid days. More like 3-4 raid "days" each being 3hr or so raids untill everyone gets the strats down and gets some better gear than entry level raid gear. Remember there is 15+ bosses in naxx.

Anyways unless things change with my work in the upcoming months (doubt it will). I'm available Sun till 10pm, Mon-Thur 5:30-10pm, Fri 5:30pm till whenever, Sat All day. Times PST/Server.

deviationer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:13 am

Dev I think Thorgal ment raiding the current content (Kara, ZA, Gruul's/Mag, etc). Raiding Naxx probalby won't become an issue until the first crop of 80's come up. At which time I'm sure it will be a different issue than.

Droxia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deviationer on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:15 am

Droxia wrote:Dev I think Thorgal ment raiding the current content (Kara, ZA, Gruul's/Mag, etc). Raiding Naxx probalby won't become an issue until the first crop of 80's come up. At which time I'm sure it will be a different issue than.

True but it would be good for them to start thinking and brainstorming now. I'm guessing we will have 80s by end of jan

deviationer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:27 am

Once again, by that time things may change.

Most of the people I've met are in college, chances are schedules may change. While getting the idea of raiding into people's head's is a good thing. To say "This time is good now" isn't a constant. The only ones who that applies to are the few that are out of college or who already have a pretty consistant schedule.

If I were still in Art School, I honestly doubt I'd be raiding, especially as erratic as school was for me. When I left my college changed up the hours for students even more (It used to be classes ended around 8:30 at the latest - after I left, the following year classes ended at 10:30.)

If there's anything people should focus on for the next content, then the idea of creating a leveling group should be paramount. Finding a group of people you can run with to level to 80 should be what most people need to consider. Around 75-78 the topic of raiding should come back up. Think of how many "Group" quests blizz threw at us in TBC. I can say I saw a lot more "group of 2,3 and 4" quests than I did in WoW Vanilla. Shadowmoon Valley being the home of many 5 group quests.

Don't get me wrong. I want to raid. However the focus should be the current content until November 13th. Other than loot - group co-ordination can be picked up in the process.

Droxia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Keljaedon on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:43 am

Oh how I cannot wait to do a crap load of 5 mans again, it's not like I'm bored of the current 5mans in BC or anything Rolling Eyes

But yea, 15days till WOTLK comes out, this will either be our last Kara/Za/Gruuls/Mag/ETC Evar, unless we do one next week which is possible. Remember people, do what I'm gonna do befor WOTLK comes out, complete your 25quests in your log, max that bad boy out so you can be at an advantage over the rest of the people.

By doing this you're for sure going to hit 71, which means more raids/dungeons/better loots. That being said I agree with Droxia. The talk of forming up for Nax or The Eye of Eternity, or The Obsidian Sanctum....We should wait till were at 78 if not 79.
Keljaedon
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:42 am

To clarify what I feel about Kel's suggestion on quests. If there has to be a set of quest chains left on "complete" it should be the group quests out in Shadowmoon. Most group quests usually offer More XP than soloable quests.

That said. The only reason I say think about it around 78 is because if the end game BC instances are an example - 68 was when you can do things like Shattered halls, Shadow Labs and the tempest keep instances (if you were a druid)

And as some of you have heard me preach before - get your "Professions" up to 375. You're gonna hate hanging out in outlands while the rest of us are leveling.

Droxia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deviationer on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:51 am

...Or you can just do northrend quests. 20-21K xp per quest, around 2K per mob rested. Lots of easy and interesting quests. You can get to 72 or 73 just by doing all the BT and HF quests.

Pssst, there is a special quest chain to do in BT:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?quest=11956

The rewards at the end are nice but the end group quest is freaking EPIC.

deviationer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:23 am

To state the obvious.

How do you do Northrend quests on the 12th of Novemeber? Smile

Droxia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deviationer on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:36 am

Droxia wrote:To state the obvious.

I was making the point it's not worth "saving" up quest to turn them in after wrath is live. Rolling Eyes

deviationer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:59 am

Keljaedon wrote:Oh how I cannot wait to do a crap load of 5 mans again, it's not like I'm bored of the current 5mans in BC or anything Rolling Eyes

But yea, 15days till WOTLK comes out, this will either be our last Kara/Za/Gruuls/Mag/ETC Evar, unless we do one next week which is possible. Remember people, do what I'm gonna do befor WOTLK comes out, complete your 25quests in your log, max that bad boy out so you can be at an advantage over the rest of the people.

By doing this you're for sure going to hit 71, which means more raids/dungeons/better loots. That being said I agree with Droxia. The talk of forming up for Nax or The Eye of Eternity, or The Obsidian Sanctum....We should wait till were at 78 if not 79.

NOOB What you do is wait 3-5 days for the lag to clear up and then go DK!! DUH!!!
Ulalume

Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:21 am

Saving up a full quest log is an intersting idea. But it also means you have to truck all over the place to go turn them all in unless you can somehow get a bunch stacked in one zone.

I know I have a ton of BC quests I never did, like half of netherstorm, shadow moon, and blades edge. Thinking it might really be worth it more to do them for money than XP and only have 2 weeks to get that bonus quest money.

That Dalaran ring costs 8000g after all.

Svander

View user profile http://fiercepancake.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:09 am

deviationer wrote:
Droxia wrote:To state the obvious.

I was making the point it's not worth "saving" up quest to turn them in after wrath is live. Rolling Eyes
Yes because we all know Outlands will be just crowded with people trying to fight for mobs to turn quests in.

You have a valid point, but instead of fighting with everyone else in Northrend for whatever the equivelent of a felboar is, in the new starting area, why not just XP from completing quests a few days before and just turn them in all at once. It doesn't make sense to let them sit there, so may as well get something out of it, especially if you stopped questing at 70 to go get started on farming for your epic mount.

Droxia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:38 pm

LOL I hope they don't completely wipe quest credit when the patch comes out so all of your hopes will be for naught!
Ulalume

Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:07 pm

Considering you can still get XP from older quests even at 69 - why would they?

Droxia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top